Sunday, June 17, 2007
Mess, Mess, Mess!!!!!
Oh my goodness. Eli is SO funny. As you know, Eli has a slight speech issue, where he is a bit delayed in his aquisition of language. Since we have made our move it seems like Eli is talking a lot more than he was (thanks to Grandma (or as Eli says "Gram-Mom"). I don't think it is quite up to par with other kids his age yet, but I think it is geting better. Anyway, we have to laugh because there are only few words that he knows and he uses them ALL the time over and over. One of his new things is the word mess. If there is ever a mess (which he hates for things to be messy) he says it over and over as loud as he can until someone (he usually does it himself) will clean it up. When we came to mom's house to move in last Wednesday, we were unloading our suitcase. We picked up the suitcase to put away and there was some dirt that was on the floor from the wheels of the suitcase. Eli got really animated and started saying, "Mess, Mess, Mess, Mess" pointing at it. We acknowledged it and sort of ignored the dirt. He ran a fast as he could out of the room and we didn't think much of it. Then all of a sudden he came running back in with a roll of toilet paper that he had pulled all the way from Mom and Dad's bathroom to clean it up. It was so hysterical that I had to take a picture! Here is Eli's attempt to clean up the mess from the dirt on the floor. 

The really funny thing of it all is that I am a horrible house keeper! And messes seem to be part of our everyday lives. I guess it is a good thing that I will have a little mess cleaner upper around to help me out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You've been tagged! See my blog post "I'm it!" for more info!
Happy day!
Angie
Post a Comment