Saturday, May 24, 2008

Potty Training

It is potty training time with our Eli and the start of diaper freedom for the Roach Clan! Each new stage for Eli will be a stage I will go through one right after the next with the girls close behind. So I am embracing this new stage with open arms! I have put off potty training long enough. Pretty much because I am too tired and lazy to try. But for the sheer cost of it (and often more than disgusting diapers to change) we have decided to NOT buy anymore diapers for him. He is definitely ready, just stubborn. We took a special trip to Target to buy pull ups for him to use. Unfortunately, Pull Ups are just a glorified, more expensive version of a diaper and Eli chooses to use them as such! So, we have decided to go cold turkey. Big boy underpants only during the day. (If we happen to go out somewhere, for the time being he will be in pull ups). He goes to the potty quite often (about every 5 minutes or so) and we sit and wait. While things are getting better, I have had the chance to capture some pretty funny book sessions on tape. (now that we are in this phase, we will be in the potty training phase for a while, so I am sure there will be many more photos and videos of all three in this phase.)

Just after this potty time, we decided to take a walk around grammy and poppy's neighborhood (not a big neighborhood at all!) Just after we left, Eli kept saying, "I got to go!" Figuring that he had just gone right before we left, we thought we could make it around the block and back. As we got further around, he kept saying it more. So we started to run. The video is sideways (sorry!) but pretty cute.

No comments: