This week Eli is on a Go Diego Go kick. We seem to go through different phases and this is our current one. He usually watches an episode in the morning while we are getting everyone dressed for the day and one in the evening while we are getting cleaned up from dinner and ready for bed. Because I know it is just a phase, I only let the TiVo tape 5 episodes at a time (unlike Little Einsteins which we have like 40 episodes.) I know I am his mom and I am totally biased but this kid amazes me. The show will ask questions and he knows the answers after watching it like one time. So in the course of this week, he has seen 5 different shows of Diego and learned about 4 new types of animals. These are tough animals to remember too. Not only can he identify them, but the crazy kids knows facts about them! He never ceases to amaze me. After we watched the episode this morning, we decided that we would get on the computer and investigate some more about these new animals. We googled them and found pictures, learned some more fun facts, and then made little posters to go on our kid art wall. The kids have cracked me up with them on the wall today. We have talked about Pygmy Marmosets, Leatherback Sea Turtles, Anacondas, and Red-Eyed Tree Frogs all day. Poor Lucy can barely say monkey, turtle, snake and frog, but we are working on those with her. It has been a lot of fun watching them soak up this stuff like little sponges. I am sure as the TiVo tapes new episodes and deletes these that we currently have, we will be learning about lots more animals from Diego. Fun times!
1 comment:
Smarty pants! ;) I love his sweet voice!
Post a Comment