Wednesday, July 9, 2008
We're Home!!
Well, we did it. We made it back to NC safe and sound. I meaured on my odometer and it looks like we managed to log about 1,500 miles this summer on our little two week trip! Because I hate being by myself in the house and didn't really want to attempt it with all three kids while Aaron was at Milligan for CIY, I decided to make some rounds to visit some of my favorite people! Mom and Dad were headed to Ohio for the North American Christian Convention so I figured that I would tag along in a little caravan with them to visit Aunt Paula and my Grandma and Grandpa Maynard. Since I did the whole NACC thing last summer and didn't think I wanted to try it again so soon, I decided to stay at Aunt Paula's and enjoy spending time with her and catching some rays by the pool. It was amazing! Then, my cousin Melodee was getting married in Morristown, TN which just so happens to be the very town next to Aaron's hometown. So, Aunt Paula hopped in the car with me and we caravanned down with Grandma and Grandpa Maynard and Aunt Anna to the wedding. It was so awesome to see so many family members at the wedding. Once everyone left, I went to Milligan to pick Aaron up from CIY and we went back to his Dad's house where we stayed for a few days enjoying the Roach clan. It was so much fun to see Aaron's family and get to spend time hanging out with them. We also loved seeing Eli and Lucy enjoying their cousins so much. Between Aaron and I, and his brother Ron and his wife Genna we have 5 kids under three! Ryleigh was born in November of 2004, Eli in July 2005, Lucy in November 2006, Ryan in May 2007 and Lily in March 2008! Needless to say, there weren't many dull moments. After a few days in Tennessee, we needed to come home to NC to get ready for our new AC unit to be installed, pick up our new swing set that we bought on Craig's List, and get ready for Eli's third birthday party on Saturday! So now it is time to start going through all of the pictures and get blogging. It was this point last summer that I gave up blogging for awhile and I don't want that to happen again! All of the pictures will be on the family photosite so be sure to check them out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment