Sometimes we catch ourselves worrying about Lucy and her speech. She doesn't say much and what she does say is sometimes really hard to understand. Aaron and I have had to remind ourselves that at this point in time in Eli's life, he wasn't talking hardly at all. We all know how well Eli's speech has developed, so we're sure she will be fine. The other thing I worry about with Lucy is that she has to do everything that Eli does. Sometimes because she chooses to do so and other times because Eli just won't let her do what she wants...everything must be what HE wants to do. (at his point, many of you reading this who knew me as a child, will be laughing) So I smile and move on. Last night, we were sitting around playing with Eli's cars. Lucy was playing with a Jimmy Johnson car and I asked her who drives that car? To my shock and dismay, Lucy looked at us and said as clear as day, "Johnson". WOW!! So I started to probe her some more. Wouldn't you know that she knew every single car of Eli's. Now, point to a letter or color and I get nothin, but a car?...she knows 'em! Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment