Monday, February 23, 2009
A French Braid and a Frilly dress....
Most of you know that I was terrified to have a little girl. Don't get me wrong. When I found out that Lucy was a girl, I was very excited. But more than excited, I was petrified. I just think that overall, girls are harder to raise than boys. Now, I have two of them!!! But I must admit that one of the perks of having a girl is all of the clothes! There are lots of cute little boys clothes out there, and I must say that I think that Eli has always been very well dressed, but there is just something about little girl clothes. Lucy hasn't grown much over the last year. In fact, we are still wearing cute little dresses from last spring and summer, this spring and summer! But we have clothes galore waiting for her in her closet, just hanging there saying, "wear me!" So, last weekend, I tried one of the little frilly dresses on Lucy. She is an active little girl and pretty much always dirty, so her day to day clothes involve garanimals and hand me downs. So I get pretty excited on Sundays when I can get her dressed up for an hour or two at church. Last week, we got out one of the dresses, sat and french braided our hair and I got a glimpse of what life to come with two little girls is going to be like. It was a lot of fun. Fast forward one week and I also saw the stress of it. I was getting ready for church yesterday. I was playing in the band this week so I have to go ahead of Aaron and the kids for rehearsal and the early service. As I was getting them out of bed and getting them ready for breakfast, I was pulling Lily's hair up and braiding Lucy's hair, explaining to Aaron that I had set the girls' dresses and shoes out on the couch. That he would need to put the tights on first, then the shirts (onsies) and then the dress to help keep the tights from falling down. You should have seen the look of confusion I got! :-) But, nevertheless, There isn't much cuter than a little girl in a french braid and a frilly dress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment