Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lily Part 2

As promised, I would post pictures from Lily's birthday party from last Saturday. It was a lot of fun! We had a pink and brown polka-dot cupcake party. I had decided that I was going to bake a giant cupcake cake. Click here for the amazing pan that I should have bought! I wanted to save $30 so I decided to try to replicate the cake. I thought I would make 3 layers of a regular cake layers and then make a 4th one that was filled to the brim. I thought it would rise and come over the sides like a muffin top. It came over the sides but didn't really muffin top much. When we got the fourth layer on it looked more like a giant mushroom. What's worse is that I had planned to have the bottom brown and the top pink with brown polka dots. The mushroom top looked so bad that Mom and I decided to take the top off and just have a layer cake. The only thing is, who has a brown cake for their babies 1st birthday? I was ao upset over it! I left it overnight (as it was midnight at this point) and tried to figure out what I would do later. In the morning, I decided to make a whole bunch of cupcakes and frost them pink and put them around the brown cake (that looked like a big pile of poop). Then I decided to put pink polka dots on the cake and a pink cupcake on top with the one candle. It actually turned out pretty cute if I most say so myself. Lily loved eating it and we had a great time with all of our friends and family.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

It looks great! I love it! Very cute...how fun!