Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lily's First Steps

This afternoon, Mom and I were heading to the spa for our Mother's Day (a week late) manicure and pedicure. I was changing Lily's diaper right before we left and mom came in. As I was standing Lily up, she just took off and took 2 steps right toward mom. We were shocked! She hasn't been showing any interest in walking at all! She pushes everything around the house and walks by pushing, but won't even attempt to stand or walk on her own. She just sits down just as soon as we try to get her to walk. She rolled over and crawled earlier than Eli or Lucy did so we all thought that she would definitely walk first. But now at 14 months, she is behind the others who both walked at 13 months. I must admit that I have been wanting her to walk because she is getting so heavy to carry everywhere, but when she took those steps today I was a little emotional! She is my last to take their last steps! :-( But it is such a fun milestone and I am so excited that we had the camera in arms reach to grab and capture the actual first steps on tape. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Angie said...

YAY, Lily! You're getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Lily!! How exciting! I love this video, mostly because it is fun to see Lily walk, but also because it cracks me up to see Seeger running back and forth. Toby does that to us all the time too...poor dogs, they just have to do whatever they can to get attention these days, huh!
Love and miss you guys!