So this Friday as I am checking out cumulative folders (which has to be a highlight of any teacher/ counselor's year), only to find out that I will not be returning to NCHS next year and my position has been cut. I have been assured of a counseling position next year somewhere in the county (of which I am very, very greatful), but the uncertainty of it all has had my head spinning. So many questions fill my mind.
So I turn to the One who holds the answers and my future. Juli and the kids left that Friday for Ohio, so I have been here contemplating (maybe too much) about these crazy turn of events. And what I have come to rest on is: maybe sometimes crazy events (maybe even painful events) come along so He can show us His provision. I put my trust in God to work out things according to His will. May He place me right where I am suppose to be. I refuse to let my circumstances reign over me, but will let Jesus reign over my circumstances.
In my bummed out state, I am reminded of a bigger picture. A picture of victory. I will walk in victory and whistle a new song. Make 'em wonder why I'm still smiling!
It may feel like Friday, but... Sunday is coming!
2 comments:
Aaron, I am so sorry to hear about your job, but thank you for your example of choosing to trust Christ in the middle of difficult circumstances! I hope and pray that you will end up in an amazing position next year!
You are right Aaron...but I know it's hard in the mean time. I will be praying for perfect provision!
Post a Comment