Monday, June 29, 2009
Swimming
I have good news! One of my co-workers, Denise, has offered free swim lessons to teacher's kids every day this summer! It is an amazing thing that she is doing and I am just so excited about it. At the end of the school year, I filled out all of the paperwork for all three kids. We didn't go the first week out of school because we were in Ohio and Aaron was in Tennesse. And I didn't take them last week because I was babysitting for a little girl. So this was the week! We got the kids all dressed and lathered up with sunscreen and made our way to Denise's house. I was a little worried because Eli has been afraid of my aunt and uncle's pool every summer. He was even scared two weeks ago in Ohio. We had a little talk with him about how he needed to listen to Ms. Denise and do everything that she asked. That she wouldn't ask him to do anything that she didn't think he could already do. So he wouldn't need to be afraid. Just after I told him that he said, "Do not be afraid, the Lord goes with you, He will never leave you!" That is one of his Bible verses that he learned in school this year. We were thrilled that he remembered that verse and that he needed to think about that verse when we got to swimming lessons. When we got there, he ran right to the pool and got right in! Denise had him practice his hands and kicking his feet and putting his face in the water. He tried all of them the first time she asked him and he did it! Then she taught him how to blow bubbles. He did awesome!!! You would have never known that he was clinging to my uncle's back like a monkey afraid of water just two weeks ago! Lucy and Lily were two completely different stories, but they will get there, I am certain of it!! Here are some pictures from our victorious day.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So proud of Eli! Praying the girls will get more comfortable as the week goes on...I know you must have been about to burst when came out with scripture! Juli, you and Aaron are really growing him into a boy after God's own heart! I am proud of you all!
Post a Comment