Monday, June 28, 2010

Serious Fun...this post is for Renn!

My friend Maud, who also happens to be the violist in my trio, invited some friends and me over to her house for a Ball canning party. We used all Ball canning products and canned our own salsa. It was so much fun! Canning has become such a fun thing for me to do and I really love it. Not only did we get to be together, canning, but I got to get to know Renn better. She is in Mom and Dad's small group at church, a fellow teacher, and mom has been telling me that Renn and I would get along really well. As we chatted at the party, I realized that she and I have lots in common. I also learned that she reads my blog (that I don't post on enough!) So that is why this post is for Renn. The party also inspired me to host some other parties. I want to have a green bean, corn, and spaghetti sauce party. Wouldn't that be so cool? I think there are lots of people out there who would like to grow or buy at the farmer's market, fruits and veggies and can them, but just don't know how. It is so easy and doing it together makes it even more fun! Yay for canning and new friends!

2 comments:

Renn said...

Thanks for the shout out soul mate!! :-D

Angie said...

I want to come to the canning parties...I need to learn!