Sunday, February 6, 2011

Plumps

This morning I was doing Lucy's hair for church in the bathroom. She was wearing a new dress for church and was very excited about it. She looked at me in the mirror and asked me as she was holding her sleeves.


Lucy: "Mommy, do you know what sleeves like these are called?"


Me: "no, what are they called?"


Lucy: "Plumps."


Me: "Plumps? Really... plumps?"


Lucy: "Yep! Princesses have these plump sleeves."


Me: Laughter.





I couldn't stop laughing. It was the funniest and cutest thing I have heard her say in a long time. I had to put it on the blog in order to remember. I just love hearing these kids talk and learn new things. I love how they are becoming little people right in front of our eyes.

Here is a picture of her with her "Plumps" on her sleeves. As you can see, there isn't much to a "plump" sleeve. It's just where the fabric is gathered. Oh, and please don't mind her hair. Throughout the day, she adds things to her head as her own style. So far she's added a headband and barrett. And don't mind her hands, in Sunday School today they learned about prayer so they wrote on their hands, "Just Pray". She's quite the little character!


No comments: