As you know, I LOVE to do the girls' hair and then put in hairbows that I have made. This morning was no exception. Last night after bath time, I had all of the kids pick out their church outfits. This gives me the chance to see what the girls' will be wearing to know if I have a bow that will match. It also gives us to figure out what kind of hairstyle they will wear with their outfits. It helps with the smoothness of the morning because we have already made the decisions! Lucy picked her blue and purple polka dot dress and promptly told me that she would like her hair french braided. Lily, on the other hand, informed me that she did NOT want to have her hair french braided and that she wanted a pony tail ONLY. (She doesn't like to sit to get her hair done and mostly cries that it hurts ALL the time). This morning as I was getting them ready, I did Lucy's hair first because it takes longer than Lily's standard ponytail. While I was braiding Lucy's hair, I kept asking Lily if she wanted a twisted pony tail, or a ponytail with four twists, or a flipped ponytail. She insisted just a regular one. Until she saw Lucy's finished hair! As I began to pull Lily's hair up, she said, "No, I want it JUST LIKE Lucy's!" I was so excited. I went as fast as I could and she let me do it! I decided to document the day since it doesn't happen often. They love to have their hair french braided and I love to do it, so I guess it's win-win for all of us! They were also a BIG hit at church this morning, which makes the girls excited. All in all, we've had a great day. Now this afternoon I am embarking on a new sewing adventure which I will post about later!
Happy Sunday!
Juli
No comments:
Post a Comment