Today was such a special day for me. At Eli's parent teacher conference, his teacher
asked me if I would be willing to come in for about an hour and help with her Pumpkin Math activities. As much as I wanted to be able to run down there quickly and have someone cover my class, it was nearly impossible but I still told her that I would. I decided to take the morning off because taking a half day for me is all morning until 10:50. Since his teacher didn't need me until 9:30, I decided that I would pack my bags up with school work and head to Starbucks for some mommy time. This is how I spent my morning...And let me tell you, friends. It was a most glorious morning. I got half of my report cards done in 1 1/2 hours! I don't know why it has taken me 11 years to figure this out! I intend to take a half day next year to do report cards ONLY! So after my brief time at Starbucks working, I headed back to the school to see Eli.
Sitting on the carpet getting instructions from his teacher:
This is Eli and his group. Together we measured, weighed, did sink and float experiments, and cut open the pumpkin together.
Then we made a jack-o-lantern. What a fun time!
It was such a fun time to be able to go into his class and volunteer with the other moms who were there. I felt sort of normal. I guess the only difference is they got to go home and wait for their kids to get home from school and I got to walk down the hall, relieve my sub, and teach my little darlings!
Nevertheless, it was a really great day and I look forward to being able to do it more often!
Juli
No comments:
Post a Comment