Thursday, February 25, 2016

Whole 30- Day 19-24

Well I will be honest and tell you that there is nothing that makes you crave easy comfort foods like a car accident!  When you're stuck in a bed with sore muscles and muscle spasms, you just want to eat chips, and peanut butter sandwiches, and cake.  Mostly just cake. The last thing you want to be doing is standing in the kitchen chopping veggies and making meals.

Friday was a great day for breakfast and lunch.  I had some scrambled eggs before school.  I didn't need any mid morning snacks.

For lunch, our amazing PTO hosted a sit down luncheon sans kids.  It was glorious and here was the best part...We had grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, and green beans.  One of my precious families from my class made me some whole 30 green beans that I could eat.  I ate every last bite and it was so delicious.  I completely skipped over the dessert table.  I didn't even look at it.  I was full from lunch and I didn't even feel like I wanted dessert.

We had planned to get a pizza for the kids tonight and eat leftovers in the refrigerator from dinner at my parents.  When I got home from school, things were all sorts of nutty.  The girls weren't ready for dance at all.  Lily was especially grumpy and being extremely difficult.  In the very short amount of time that we were home, I thought on more than one occasion we should just skip dance and not go.  But the girls have a competition coming up soon and they NEED to be there.  I was hoping to get to the bank before we left for dance but because Lily was complicating things, I didn't.  Once I dropped the girls off at dance, I decided to go to the bank and utilize the 45 minutes I had by myself.  The bank is less than 4 miles away from the dance studio.  On my way there, I was making a right turn and was T-boned by a driver who was making a u turn and it sadly totaled my car.

After dealing with the police, the other driver, and a tow truck we finally were able to head home.  Once we were home, the kids ate some pizza but I could feel that my muscles were hurting.  So we packed everyone up and headed to Urgent Care.  By the time we actually got home, it was 9:30 and I hadn't eaten.  I ate some applewood hot dogs and Tessemae's ketchup.

This week has been extremely difficult and stressful.  It hasn't been easy but it hasn't been hard either. I have not felt like doing much of anything and especially did not feel like eating.  I pretty much have lived on Larabars, Hotdogs, and potatoes.  I am sure that has hurt me slightly, but life happens.  It has been an emotional rollercoaster of a week and stressful to the max! I did cheat one day during the week when I ate a fried chicken drumstick.  (I took the skin off).  I also ate some of my kids' french fries (not fast food).  I felt pretty guilty about it to be honest but in my defense, this has been a doozy of a week!

As I begin to feel slightly better, I am excited to finish out the last days of the Whole 30.  And as for my cheat.  The rules state that you are supposed to start over.  Since I am feeling so good, I have already decided to skip Reintroduction and go into a second Whole 30 so I am not too concerned with my cheat since I am continuing through until Easter.  Thanks for sticking with me!

Chop Chop
Juli

No comments: