I woke up and made myself a sausage/egg casserole. It is the same recipe I used a few weeks ago but I modified it slightly.
I browned some Turkey Sausage and set it to the side. Then I sautéed some potatoes, broccoli, garlic, and onions. I added it to the turkey sausage. I then beat 10 eggs and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Added all of it to a 9x13 casserole dish and baked for about 25 minutes. Voila! Breakfast for this morning and hopefully the rest of the week!
The girls had dance rehearsal this morning. So after I dropped them off, Eli and I stopped at the Farmer's Market to see Chad at Creekside Farms to get some ground beef, breakfast sausage, and eggs. I really wanted some more bacon but he didn't have any left! After the farmer's market, we stopped in to see my Grandma. She has deteriorated a lot this week and I am glad that we got to spend a little time with her. I am not sure she even knew we were there, but as difficult as it is for me to see her the way she is, I am happy I got to see her this morning.
After we picked the girls up from dance, we headed to Grammy and Poppy's for a few minutes. I absolutely love that my parents are so close to us. I love that we have the opportunity to pop in and say hello. Poppy even fed the kids some waffles. Grandparents are the best!!
We headed home for some lunch. After I fed the kids their lunches, I made my own. I must admit that I am getting pretty used to the whole food thing. I whipped up some egg salad and when I sat down to eat it, I thought that my lunch looked like I could have gotten it at some fancy little shop and I made it here in my house!
Just as I sat down to lunch, I realized that we had a birthday party to go to. We quickly ate and headed out the door.
We had a super fun time at the birthday party hanging out with our friends. Ya'll, there was a double layer cookie cake with frosting on top AND in between the cookie layers. It looked delicious but not one part of me wanted it!
We headed home and got ourselves ready for our night out on the town. The girls headed back to the dance studio to have a pizza party with their performing company friends. Eli and I headed out for our own Mommy/Eli date. We went bowling. I LOVE bowling even though I am NOT good at it! We bowled two games together and had an absolute ball!
After we bowled, I asked Eli when he would like to go to dinner. He picked Steak and Shake. Not 1 second after he chose it, he said, "nevermind mommy, I want to eat somewhere that you can eat!" How sweet was that!?! So we decided on Applebee's. I had a giftcard to eat there. An even better surprise was when Daddy surprised us and met us at the restaurant. I was able to eat some roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, and a steak. I loved spending the evening with my sweet boy. He is growing up so very fast and I am trying to soak it all in!
Chop Chop, I can't believe I only have 3 days to go!
Juli


No comments:
Post a Comment