Thursday, June 29, 2017

Road Trip Day 7

Day 7
So this post is coming a lot earlier than the rest came this week. I am currently writing this while watching the NACC live stream. We left the convention today very early...4:30! The kids were NOT happy with us about it, either! Following tonight's session there will be an after party with tons of food, games, a rock wall, and even a mechanical bull! So the kids were super excited about that. It is just SO late that it makes it almost impossible for us to get our stuff done and ready to leave in the morning.  BUT...It makes me happy to see them enjoy the North American so much. Although, as we got "home" this evening, Aaron asked the kids what their favorite parts of the week were. Eli responded with 1. SWAG, 2. Escalators, and 3. Main Sessions. Oh goodness. But, I remember thinking the same things about the NACC as a kid. So I know that they will eventually realize what an amazing week the convention is. I personally had lots of favorites this week. But one of my favorite things this week was to watch my kids walk from College booth to college booth. They had a list of questions that they asked each representative from the schools. We have a LONG way until we have to be thinking about colleges. (time PLEASE slow down). But one thing that I am so thankful for, is that my kids have the opportunity to see some of the colleges that could be options for them.  One of the most amazing blessings both Aaron and I cherish, is the opportunity to receive an amazing education from a Christian College. We firmly believe that the trajectory of our lives were set in those years. What I love even more, is that even though neither of us chose to pursue jobs in ministries within the walls of a local church, we were encouraged and molded to pursue ministry in the fields in which we chose. For that I am forever grateful. Milligan College is not the only institution where this happens. So it blessed me to watch my kids learn a little bit more about some of the colleges that would provide that opportunity to them in whatever field they chose to pursue. Of course, Mom and Dad would love to see our legacy continue to Milligan College, but we won't be disappointed if that doesn't happen! We would love to see them chose their undergraduate studies at a Christian University and we are thankful there are lots of choices.

Go Buffs!

Today was an exciting day. We enjoyed the morning session today with a panel of 7 different individuals doing amazing things for the Kingdom. They each had 7 minutes to speak and I loved all of it! It is so refreshing to hear stories from across the globe how God is moving.  After the morning sessions, Grandma, Laurie, and I went to the Women's luncheon. Each year this is one of my favorite events. This year we enjoyed a beautiful meal and got to hear Charlotte Gambill. She was a wonderful speaker and she spoke on Ruth and Naomi, which is one of my most favorite stories in the Bible.
This is my table at the Women's Luncheon


 But I digress. We had to leave early today in preparation for our early departure in the morning. Following one of the breakout sessions, we quickly met Grandma, Laurie, and Greg for a brief minute to say goodbye. It was SO hard.  Saying goodbye to everyone was difficult. Ever since I was a little girl, saying goodbye to family has been a difficult and emotional thing. As I get older, it is becoming even more difficult. I found myself wanting to linger just a little longer and have just one more hug. I am one blessed girl to have such an amazing family. Being here in Kansas has been such a blessing and I can't wait to come back!

Once back to Laurie and Greg's house, we had some supper and then the work began. We packed our things and got everything in the car. The biggest struggle was sitting to go through all of the SWAG and getting it into ONE bag. YIKES, that was a tough job. Eli also realized he could get around the 3 outfit limit by collecting t-shirts! He managed to wrack up at least 4 t shirts. :-)  This makes for packing a little interesting. All in all, this week has been so wonderful and I am so thankful to have experienced it with my family!

So tomorrow begins the camping. In a tent. Luckily it is only a few days. I am so excited to be in the mountains of Colorado again. I haven't been there in about 16 years so I am anxious for Aaron and the kids to see them since none of them have ever been there. It is going to be beautiful. And Memory filled. And Epic! And I can't wait!

So it is very fitting as I am literally typing this, the Live Stream is ending. So I think it is time to call it a night.

Until tomorrow!
Juli

No comments: