Monday, July 17, 2017

Road Trip Day 21

Day 21
We got another early start this morning to head to Rapid City, SD. We had about a 9 hour drive today and we saw some cool things along the way.

Really cool tunnels we went through with the rock exposed!

The Rodeo in Cody, WY

Lots of animals along the road


We finally made it to South Dakota, the home of my grandfather. He loving refers to it as, The Land of Infinite Variety

We made it to our campground and got ourselves all set up.

There are lots of things we want to see in Rapid City. So we decided to head up to Mount Rushmore this evening. Hopefully there will be a smaller crowd than if we went during the day. I was excited to go today. When I visited last time, I was about 16 and I was NONE too impressed. I suppose I didn't have the best attitude so I was hopeful that I would enjoy it this go around and have a better attitude.

Brushing our hair in the parking lot. This seems to be our MO at each place we attend!





We walked all around and had a great time. We decided to stay for the program and lighting of the mountain. We really enjoyed it and I am happy to report that I loved it and had a much better attitude this time around!

By the time it was over, it was pretty late and we realized that we never ate any dinner! So we were eating a this little pizza joint in Keystone around 10:00. We think it is the latest we have ever taken our kids to eat at a restaurant before!

Tomorrow, we are excited to visit and see the other things in Rapid City!
~Juli

No comments: