Friday, July 21, 2017

Road Trip Day 28

Day 28
With the kids having their National Park passports and Lucy having the "every Kid in a Park" pass, we have been busy looking up places to visit that are close by to us.

We are finishing out the end of our trip where we began, in White Pine, TN. But that doesn't mean that our trip is over! While looking in their passports, we saw that Andrew Johnson's home in Greenville, TN is a National Historic Site. We decided to head over there this morning and have a visit. There is a museum, his tailor shop, original house he grew up in, and then you can take a tour of the house he returned to when he returned to Greenville, after his presidency.








It was a very interesting day! I highly recommend visiting it if you are ever in the area. I lived here for many years and we have visited here lots over the last 20 years and I have never been there before. I hope this experience this summer will encourage us to be on the lookout for historic locations all around us and won't miss things in our backyard.

After our visit, we came back to Papaw's house to hang out. It has been super hot here (as I believe it has been everywhere) so Aaron took the kids over to the splash pad to play and cool off.

We ended the evening back at Papaw's house for pizza and watching movies!

~ Juli

No comments: