Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Roach Family Vacation Part 2

NACC! Because my Aunt and Uncle live in Kansas City and work with Southwoods Christian Church, the NACC uses local churches to staff the convention. As a children's minister, my Aunt Laurie was drafted into working in Toddler Town. As a mother, grandmother and great-grandparents of a toddler town child, my mom, my grandparents and I became workers for 1 afternoon. How hard could it be? I am a teacher and work with kids everyday! So we affectionately served our time. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can safely say, that we may never do it again. We have never been so tired in all of our lives! Plus, it was the slowest day any of us have ever had. It wasn't that hard, it was just so tiring. We had a whole bunch of two and three year olds to play with, take to the bathroom and change diapers. The hardest thing was that these kids didn't know us, their parents just dropped them off and they didn't want to be there with us! The hardest thing was that we learned that Eli is a biter! The worst thing a parent could be told. Three different times. Hopefully, he has learned his lesson and we have learned ours. We survived though and then got to enjoy the convention. I got to see the girl from The Facts of Life. We went to a wonderful Ladies Luncheon and saw lots of old friends. It was a great time and we enjoyed our time very much!


3 comments:

Christy said...

Hey, Juli! You've been tagged! Write 8 random things about yourself on your blog and then "tag" some other people :-)(Congratulations on baby #3!)

Christy said...

New Post...New Post! How is baby #3 coming along?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.