Friday, July 25, 2008
I did it!
Well, I survived the day yesterday. We all did great! I needed to get some things at Sams so we all headed out to two banks, SAMS and McDonalds! Then we came home in time to take a much needed nap! When the kids woke up, we went outside to play and then got ready to go to church. We went to the picnic and thankfully we had lots of hands to help us. Allison was there to help and then Mom and Dad came to eat with us so they could see the kids one last time before they left for Africa. :-( As we were getting ready to head home, Lucy had the DIRTIEST (I am NOT kidding) diaper ever. This of course meant that a bath was inevitable. Lots of you who know me, know that I don't like giving my kids baths because of the sheer exhaustion they create and so Aaron usually bathes the kids. Lily was a little on edge during the picnic and wasn't happy. She wasn't crying a lot, just fussing. Well, once we got in the car to go home, she let me know how upset she was. She screamed at the top of her lungs for the entire trip home. Because Mom and Dad are out of the country for 3 weeks, we are in charge of their sweet dog Shadow. So when I got home, I had both Seeger and Shadow to get in the back yard (because Seeger escaped out of the cat door when I opened the garage door), all three kids out of the car, into the house, in the bath, and then in bed. Lily NEVER stopped screaming! Plus, Lucy's dirtiest diaper ever was now down her legs!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So gross! I got both kids bathed, dressed and in bed. Then I got Lily to stop crying and gave her a bath too. I remember reading somewhere that if you have a crying baby, that a bath will sometimes calm them down. It did! She settled down and we cuddled together for the rest of the evening. Most of you also know that I am not a big fan of sleeping by myself so I was reluctant to go to bed last night. But after playing with my new camera for a while and watching every single Everybody Loves Raymond that was on my DVR, I knew I had to go to sleep. I slept well considering that I wasn't actually alone. I had Seeger, Juliet AND Shadow in bed with me and then early this morning, Lily came in with me as well. So I am proud of us. This morning, we will be heading to the mall to get a few things for the girls at our favorite store, Gymboree, and maybe some new things for Mommy at her favorite store, Ann Taylor Loft! Daddy should be home this evening and we couldn't be happier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment