Thursday, September 25, 2008

Are you busy?

What do you have planned for Wednesday, December 10th? Nothing yet? GOOD!! Mark your calendar for a special night. Many of you know that I have been playing my violin in the band at church. Others might not know that I have also been playing with a small group of musicians on a Christmas Program. David, the music minister at church, gave me a recording in late February of a Christmas program that he wanted our church band to do this Christmas. The only problem, we didn't have any music, just the CD and we were going to have to learn it all from listening. When I first got the CD, I just set it aside. I was a little preoccupied with having a baby and to be honest I just didn't know if I was ready to listen to a Christmas CD in February. Well, after Lily was born I put the CD on to just listen and see what it was going to be. Honestly, it is the best most amazing piece of music I have ever heard. It tells the Christmas Story from the perspective of the Old Testament. Sounds boring, I know. But itreally isn't and the music is fantastic!!! Not only is it so cool to listen to, it is SO difficult musically. It has caused me to actually lock myself in my room and practice and practice and practice! I have not stopped listening to this CD since March! It is that awesome! So as a band, we began rehearsing for this program in August!! That's a long time to get this together. My life has become wrapped around this piece of music. It is called, Behold the Lamb of God- The True Tall Tale of the Coming of Christ (I think). It was written and performed by Andrew Peterson. So on with the story. We had planned to do 5 performances of it. 3 at the church for the church members and 2 for the community. Unfortunately, our venue for the community fell through. Well last night at rehearsal David told me that we have changed plans. We are now only performing one time. Wednesday, Decembr 10th at get this...The Gem Theatre in Kannapolis!! I am so super excited about it! The only problem, the theatre seats 918 people. My biggest fear is that we won't have very many people come to see it. So I am sending my request out to my blogging friends. If you are going to be in town, please consider coming and supporting me and the worship band for Concord Christian Church. I promise you won't be disappointed! I need all the help I can get to fill this theatre. This is the biggest thing I have done related to my violin in a VERY long time! I hope you will mark your calendars and consider coming. Downtown Kannapolis is SO much fun, especially at Christmas, and this will just make that evening that much more special! Plus, I don't know that tickets cost anything. A free date night or family night? What can get better than that? Thanks friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would so be there in a heartbeat if I didn't live so far away!! :-(
~Nat