Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I think we've got it!!!
Well, I think it is official. We are finally potty trained in the Roach house. It seems like it has been a battle of wills but our will has finally won! We have been potty trained for several months now but going #2 has been a whole other issue. We have tried everything imaginable. And I think that I had posted before about Eli saying "No, but I am going to." (When talking about his pull up.) I decided that since I knew he was testing my will that I would not let him use the pull up no matter what-even if that meant he held it for days and days. Well, that is exactly what he did. He went about 4 days without pooping. So two days ago I started giving him some of Lucy's Miralax in his drink. Knowing he had to go I thought for sure this would definitely help him. He is a strong willed child for sure! Finally tonight after holding his bottom and crying, I knew it was coming. I made him sit and sit. After quite some time, I let him get up to eat. Not 5 minutes after supper he went running in on his own, pooped and came out as proud as could be! We then went to church where he announced it to anyone who would listen to him. We just put him to bed and when he sat on the potty before going to bed, he pooped again. Hopefully this means that we finally have it! If not completely, we are at least one step closer than we have been in a very long time! I know you probably don't want to read about our poop adventures but it is a big step in our family so I felt it was blog worthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment