Monday, January 19, 2009
Shh....it's a secret
So my new obsession has been my mom's beautiful food processor. I don't know if I have blogged much about it, but I am slowly switching the entire family over to a natural, organic diet. It is a slow process but I surprisingly haven't had much fuss from anyone in the family. I won't talk about it much now, it stems from a lot of things. Mostly things I have been reading in terms of our everyday lives. I am seeing a lot of people around me getting sick with different things as well as having lots of fertility problems, and I can't help but think that some of it stems from the things we put into our bodies. My new food processor obsessions began with Lily. I wanted to make sure that all of the food going into her body was the freshest, healthiest food I could find. I wanted to know that I knew where it came from and that I had prepared it for her. So I borrowed my mom's food processor and off I went. It has been SO much fun!!!! (oh, and I have informed my mom that she is not getting her food processor back!!!!!) I buy all of my vegetables at the store, come home, steam and make baby food all in one day! Then my friend Kerri told me about this book that she got as a Christmas present. Her husband David is just as picky of an eater as Aaron and she has been sneaking secret, healthy ingredients into his food without him knowing it! I was so intrigued that I had to get it. I found it brand new on Amazon for $3.00 and had it delivered. I have been now adding secret healthy ingredients to the food that I am cooking. So along with potty training Lucy today, I have also been pureeing. The best thing about it all is that Aaron doesn't really know what is going on. He doesn't know if Iam pureeing for Lily or for him! I also picked up this book by Jerry Seifeld's wife. She was in a lawsuit for copying the premise of the book so I went ahead and got both! It has been a lot of fun. I also enjoy knowing that not only are Aaron and the kids getting some healthy organic things in their systems, but me too. I know that I don't eat enough fruits and veggies in a day so this helps out a lot! These are the purees I made today. 3 sweet potatoes, a bag of sweet peas and 2 spaghetti squash got me 13 and 1/2 cups of puree! Here's to a lot of fun with purees! But shh...it's a secret!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment