Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Snow Day 2009
On Monday night, the weatherman began forecasting 2-5 inches of snow to come our way on Tuesday. We didn't think much of it. But alas, Tuesday morning we woke up to a light dusting about 1 inch and there was no school! Once we found out that we didn't have to go to school we all headed back to school and let the kids sleep as long as possible. It didn't take long for Eli to wake up and notice what had happened while he was sleeping. Aaron and Eli began to snap some pictures. As the rest of us began to slowly wake up, we began to get the kids ready for playing outside. It took a LONG time to find all of our gear. I still never found the gloves, so we taped socks on their hands. Lucy was really excited to get out there and play until she actually got out there. She stood there on the deck crying. Eli on the other hand was going CRAZY. He couldn't get enough of the snow. Lily was apprehensive but happy at the same time. She didn't cry like Lucy but she wasn't excited like Eli. Aaron and I got a kick out of it because Eli was just like me--loves the snow. Lucy was just like Aaron--could do very well without it! We only made it for like 15 minutes but it was fun. We took lots of pictures and I wanted you to see all of them so I put them into a video. I also am including a video of us playing. It is really funny to see Lucy in it. Overall, it was a fun and exciting first Snow Day (and probably last) of 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment