Alright, so considering that tomorrow will be Eli's 5th birthday (more on that later) it means that I have had 1 or more (mostly 2 at a time and for a short time 3) children in diapers for 5 years!! I don't really even want to think about how much money that has cost us. 5 years. That means that we have changed a diaper every day for 1,825 days straight. Well technically if being completely accurate it is 1,824 days since Eli's birthday isn't until tomorrow. That boggles my mind at the moment. Since Lily is now two , I am home for the summer, and let's just face it...I'm tired of diapers, I have decided to begin potty training Lily. I started yesterday and by the end of two days she has had 3 total accidents! WOW!!! Could it possibly be? We are actually almost finished with this never ending phase of our life? I am overjoyed with excitement. And then, at the same time it has made me cry today! I know, completely ridiculous of me. But it is still sad! My babies are growing up so fast. I know everyone tells you that, but you don't really realize it until you have been changing diapers every day for 1, 824 days and realize that it is coming to an end! Here are a few pics of Lily today while have been potty training today. Hopefully from the pics you will be able to see the BIG, adorable, spunky, and independent personality that is contained in her little body!
I cried today when we got her dressed and saw that she had a teensy little bottom. No more bubble bottom from her diaper!
Sitting on the potty like a big girl!! :-)
2 comments:
Way to go, lily, bug! (pun intended!)
I am trying to decide when to start Miss Emma...maybe late fall? THe girl who will keep her will help me which is a good thing - otherwise, I might wait until Christmas.
Yay, Lily!!! How exciting!! I don't think you are crazy at all to have cried today, I would totally do the same thing!
And, HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY to Eli!!! (it's only 11:45 here, but it is 12:45 there, so technically it is his birthday!) Wow, I don't even know how it is possible that he is 5 already...didn't I just come to see him when he was 1 month old, like yesterday???? Goodness, time flies! I hope you guys have a great day celebrating your big 5 year old!
Post a Comment