Friday, March 16, 2012

Pizza Night

This month I tried something new with our meals. I decided to plan every meal for the entire month. Make a big grocery list and buy what I could ahead of time. This way it forced me to think ahead and plan. It also helps for when I am working and Aaron is on his own with the kids. We are doing very well with cutting most processed foods out of our diets! YAY! It has
been such a wonderful feeling making all of our meals from scratch. The kids have done great trying everything that I have made too. I have mostly stuck to our good 'ole standards, but I didn't want to repeat a meal to help keep us from getting bored. I have also been trying to cut some meat out of our diet. The first meal that I tried was called, Sunny Pepper Parmesan Rice With Spinach. I was worried what everyone was going to think. But they LOVED it! I was so proud of myself. Even Daddy like it. We have pretty much stuck straight to the menu with the exception of a couple of nights where we decided to just do leftovers instead. I know I said that I didn't repeat any meals, but that actually isn't true. The one recipe that repeats comes on Friday nights. I spend a lot of time at school on Fridays wrapping up the week a
nd preparing for the upcoming week. It is often that I don't get home until 5:00 or after. We have often just ordered a pizza from a local pizza shop. But that began to get very expensive. So I decided that Fridays would continue to be pizza night, except that it would be HOMEMADE Pizza Night. I typically make my dough on Thursday night and keep it in the fridge. I plan to make one big batch and freeze several so that I just have to take it out of the freezer that morning. I make 2 pizzas. A cheese pizza and a pepperoni pizza. I get better and better with them each week. The dough is the best. I found a bread machine dough recipe that tastes delicious. Pizza night is such a blast!

1 comment:

Renn said...

i'm impressed! i'd like you to be my mommy.