Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Whole 30 - Day 16

Today did not start off the way I wanted it to.  The last 24 hours have been a little crazy!  Yesterday afternoon Aaron went to run at the gym.  This wasn't the crazy thing as he runs everyday after school at the gym.  This particular run caused him to feel something "catch" in his back.  Over the course of a few minutes he went from telling us that his back hurt a little to being completely unable to move and screaming in pain.  We had a completely sleepless night with an almost 911 call for an ambulance.  Aaron was supposed to do his first National Board lesson today that was supposed to be filmed and I had taken today off in order to film it for him.  Needless to say, that did not happen.  I finally went to sleep between 3 and 4 and then overslept as I ignored my alarm that went off at 5:00 this morning. I was rushing around trying to get everyone ready for school.  I got my classroom set up for the substitute and the kids off to school.  Once I made it home, I was relieved to see that Aaron was FINALLY sleeping after an entire night of being awake.  So, I fried two eggs and made 2 pieces of bacon and was able to eat some breakfast.  I was starving.  I called the doctor and scheduled a time to go in and see what was going on with Aaron's back.  He slept a little longer and I was happy to see that he was able to get up and shuffle around, a vast improvement from yesterday.  We spent the rest of the afternoon at the doctor's office and in the pharmacy getting some answers and medicine to help him feel better.  His X-rays showed no slipped or herniated discs but a little strain on his spine.  So they believe it is just a very bad muscle pull that is causing so much pain and the strain on his spine.

In order to take his first round of medicine, he had to have a big lunch so we got him lots of food to eat in order to take his pill.  So my lunch was a little sad as it was an afterthought!  I had some baked veggies, a slice of my bacon from breakfast that I hadn't finished, and some pumpkin seeds.  I actually wasn't all that hungry and didn't have much of an appetite.  I did enjoy my other flavor of LaCroix water-Apple Cranberry.  It was really good!!


After lunch, I headed back into school to get my room back in order after being out for the day and then headed home with the kids and to get ready for a violin lesson.

I am so thankful for Taco Tuesday.  It takes all of the guess work out of dinner and I think I could do it in my sleep.  Especially since I am kind of doing it in my sleep already.

So tonight while I was making dinner, in my delirious state I began singing a song in my head and it got me giggling.  Have you heard the song, All I do is Win by DJ Khaled?  Well, I wrote my own lyrics to that song tonight and it goes like this:


All I do is chop chop chop no matter what
Got Whole30 on my mind I can never get enough
And every time I step up in the kitchen
Everybody hands go CHOP
And they stay there
And they say yeah
And they stay there
Up down, up down, up down
'Cause all I do is chop chop chop
And if you goin' in put your hands in the air
Make 'em stay there


I got a pretty big kick out of it personally. But I am also only functioning on a survival level at the moment. Dinner was delicious! I chopped lots of veggies.
Made my homemade taco seasoning since all store-bought ones try to sabotage me! Instead of making my taco shells out of lettuce wraps, I just chopped up some lettuce and made a beautiful taco salad.


I made some rice in the rice cooker with salsa for the kids so they had salsa rice. I just didn't add that to my plate! Super delicious!

Now, we are all off to bed. At least I don't have to worry about late evening snacking when I am asleep, right!?!?

Keep Chopping!

14 days to go.

PS. It is totally breaking the rules, but I couldn't resist this morning during the Biggest Loser Weigh In at school. I definitely peeked at the number on the scale. I am down 4 more pounds bringing my grand total to 10 in 16 days! While I am aware I may not move past that number, and I am ok with that, I was pretty excited to see results like that in a short amount of time.

Things are definitely getting easier and I can feel myself in the downward slope toward the end. I am loving how I feel. I am loving how my clothes fit, I am loving the fact that I am sticking to it!

No comments: