Thursday, February 18, 2016

Whole 30- Day 18

Stress...it is not my friend.  I mean is it anyone's friend, really?  My problem with stress is that it causes me to stress eat to an unhealthy level.  I mean let's face reality, I have probably gained most of my weight, as a working adult, due to sitting and eating an entire box of cheese-its without realizing it because I was stressed to the max.  I am not saying that I have or even have wanted to stress eat this week.  But in the last few days we have had several things going on that have put a little extra stress into my life.  Not to mention that my very OCD/Type A everything must follow a schedule and plan self has literally been thrown out the window which adds an even thicker layer of stress.  I think what worries me is that I am recognizing this as one of my weaknesses and one of the areas in which my relationship with food is damaged.  I fear that with this added stress I will go back to my old ways.  I am hoping that I am far enough into this journey that I am past the cravings and feeling so good that my body won't even remember its old ways when it comes to stress.

My morning was similar to yesterday morning.  I hadn't made my lunch last night and because I had leftovers for dinner, there were no leftovers to pack for lunch.  Then to add insult to injury, my grade level is throwing a babyshower this afternoon for one of our coworkers.  I brought a nice big veggie tray to enjoy but realized this morning that I needed some ranch to eat since I can't eat the ranch that came with the platter.  So I was quickly whipping up some ranch dressing for myself! So again my breakfast was on the run.  I had a clemetine and Larabar and ate my mixed nuts for snack.

For lunch, I made a beautiful salad with tons of toppings and then chopped up a grilled chicken breast and put it on top and brought my Balsamic Dressing to school with me.  I also bought some new waters at Target last night because they were on sale.  So for lunch I tried the Blackberry Cucumber.  I must say I think this is my favorite flavor so far! When I came home from Target last night holding the cases of water, I just held up my hands and said, "I think I have a problem!" I mean, there could be lots of worse things, right!?!

After school we headed to the baby shower and for the second time in 2 weeks I walked by and refused cake.  Today was a little easier than last time.  But CAKE is my weakness.  It is my comfort food.  I just sat and ate my veggies and homemade ranch and enjoyed celebrating our new grade level baby!

For dinner, we headed to my parents house to visit with them and my amazing Aunts.  Seeing them for dinner was honestly what kept me going through the slightly stressful day that I had.  Last night I called my parents to inquire about what was being served for dinner.  I simply said, "I am going to be THAT dinner guest".  Thankfully, they have both completed their own Whole 30's and they completely understand.  So we had grilled chicken, grilled veggies, and potatoes.  It was delicious and the company was even better!

Even with the added stress this week, I am feeling better than ever.  I feel like I can do anything and I feel like I am becoming my best self.  I know that sounds kind of weird.  But there is a whole lot of baggage and negative thoughts you carry when you don't feel your best and you are overweight.  It becomes burdensome and I feel like some of that is lifting away.  There is something to be said for completing this and taking control of something that has felt out of control.  It is not a fun process at all.  But the results are fun and I am liking myself more each day.  Tomorrow I will explain more about my "why".  I have had a lot of conversations with people throughout this process and I have enjoyed answering people's questions.  I think my "why" is an important piece to my whole 30 process so stayed tuned!

Chop Chop
Only 12 days to go!!

No comments: