Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Whole 30- Day 2

Day 2- Whew!

I was EXHAUSTED this morning.  I don't have the "hangover" feel that they said may happen.  No headaches or anything like that, but I am tired.  It could also be that I had swim practice last night and it is a late one!  I don't even get home until 10:00!  I usually feel sort of tired in the morning after practice, but this morning was different! Regardless of my sluggish feeling this morning, I am proud of Aaron and I for sticking with it for the first day.

Breakfast
This morning we had a little harder time getting out the door on time.  I felt like I was rushing around and less prepared.  We packed our lunches and I was happy that once again we were leaving with healthy options for the day.  AANNDD....We both managed to have breakfast!  Aaron scrambled some eggs this morning while I quickly grabbed one of my egg muffins and ate it on my way to school.

Snack
This morning at 9:00, I was starving! I couldn't wait to eat.  I chose some black olives to munch on.  I love those things and I am so glad they are an option for eating!

Lunch
By lunch time, I was super hungry again.  I had egg salad with paleo mayo, mustard, celery, salt and pepper.  I ate it on large lettuce leaves.  I had about a cup and 1/2 cup of strawberries

Snack
Remember how yesterday all I wanted to do when I got home was eat whatever I could find?  I immediately walked in the house and 2 tiny clementines and some cashews.  Do you like my new baskets for my counter?  I love it. It keeps the fruit out and accessible for us!
It was exactly what I needed.  While I was teaching my violin lesson today, Aaron began making dinner.  This was great team work.  Waiting to eat until later was tough last night.  As soon as I was done with my lesson, I was able to help him in the kitchen.

Dinner
Tonight was Taco Tuesday. Did you know that Taco Seasoning has sugar in it?  Good grief!  So I quickly whipped up some homemade seasoning.  I used this recipe here. I tasted delicious.  Aaron was really nervous about eating tonight.  We usually have taco rice and since we can't have rice or shells he was only having meat.  Aaron decided to make some roasted potatoes with olive oil and seasoned salt.  But guess what has sugar in it too!?!? Seasoned Salt.  So I whipped up a batch of it too and just left out the sugar.  I put my taco meat on lettuce wraps (you could also use a collard green leaf) diced tomatoes, and black olives.  It was delicious!!!

This morning I was nervous about the day just because I was SO exhausted and I was hungry today. I definitely needed to eat more veggies today so I will try to get more in my diet tomorrow.  But the end of the day ended up so much better than I expected!  I am cautiously optimistic with this process!

See you tomorrow for Day 3!
Juli


No comments: