Thursday, February 4, 2016

Whole 30- Day 4

Day 4

Today has been a good day overall.  I woke up extremely tired this morning and sore from swimming last night.  I felt sort of sluggish all day, which I am attributing to the exercise and late night yesterday.

Breakfast
My egg muffins were my saving grace in the morning.  I am thrilled that I took the time to make those little things on Sunday.  They can be heated up in less than a minute and eaten on the run.  With my mornings as busy as they tend to be, they are exactly what I need.  They are full of protein and veggies and get me started on the right foot.  I would definitely be hurting right now in the breakfast department and would most likely be skipping it all together.

Snack
We had a crazy, busy, weird day at school today.  By the time we made it to snack time, I was starving and and the kids' snacks were talking to me!  Cheetos, Doritos, Cookies, chips.  Oh man, I was so hungry.  So I grabbed a bag of mixed nuts.  It helped curb that desire so much for something salty.

Lunch
Today I brought leftovers from last night's dinner for my lunch.  One thing that has stuck with me from reading It Starts with Food, is how as you chew and eat your food, your brain tells you that you feel full.  There's also a huge difference between being feeling full and feeling satisfied.  As I ate my lunch today, I literally couldn't finish my food.  I was hungry going into lunch and had about 3 ounces of chicken, a cup of mashed potatoes, and 2 cups of baked veggies.  I was able to eat all of the chicken and mashed potatoes and most of the veggies, but the more I ate, the more satisfied I felt and didn't think I could take another bite.  It really showed me how the food I am choosing is so important physically and mentally.  Sure a bag of doritos would have filled my stomach up, but would it have sent a message saying that I was satisfied? No, it would have made me want to just keep eating more and more! So it was an important lunch for me in that sense!

I didn't have any snacks when I got home from lunch!  I ran in from school and taught two violin lessons.  When I was finished with those lessons, it was dinner time.

Dinner
Tonight's dinner was a very simple one but a good one.  We baked some thick cut boneless pork chops.  We had some Canadian Chicken seasoning that didn't have any sugar in it!  We also steamed some green beans.  It was perfect and the kids loved it too.  Since we didn't have anything else to eat (read: rice or rolls), I made sure that half of my plate was filled with green beans and then my pork chop.  For dessert, I cut myself a mango and it was the perfect sweet treat!

So it was a good day.  I feel like I have been thinking a lot about the foods that I CAN'T have.  We are hosting a Super Bowl Party at our house on Sunday and I am already thinking ahead to it and realizing how difficult it is going to be for us.  At least I know I can make some compliant things for us that we can have, but it still will be hard regardless.  Next week my school begins it's biggest loser competition that we have to help motivate us to get ready for spring break.  We have our first weigh in on Tuesday.  I am anxious to see if there has been any sort of change in my weight.  One of the rules of the Whole 30 is to not weigh or measure yourself in the whole time.  I haven't decided what to do about the competition, I may just have her record the weight when I weigh in and not look at it.  I don't know though, that would be super hard!

Day 4 was a success for both of us! Excited for tomorrow!



No comments: