We got up this morning and said our goodbyes to Solitude and Aunt Paula. Why is it always so hard to say goodbye!?!
We had a shorter trip today, only about 6 hours! The kids said that their car endurance is building up quickly, thanks to this trip! We saw some beautiful sights on our trip. We crossed into Wyoming, Idaho, and then back into Wyoming where we will be staying for the next 6 days.
Check out these seats. They are like saddles! The kids loved them!
Elk Horns here are a BIG deal! This is the biggest Elk Horn bridge which was in Afton Wyoming.
We followed and crossed over the Snake River.
We stopped for supplies in Jackson, Wyoming which is the last major stop for us before we make it to our campground. In the center square, they have 4 Elk Horn arches. When the Elk winter in Jackson, they shed their antlers. The local boy scouts collect the antlers and then sell them in an auction in the town square. Then they use them to make the 4 different arches!
After we got our last minute groceries and supplies, we headed into Grand Teton National Park. This is my favorite place. It has been since I visited here when I was 16. I was anxious to see if it still remains one of my favorites!
We arrived to our Campground called Headwaters at Flagg Ranch. I stayed at this campground as a teenager the last time I visited! We set up camp and left immediately to head back into Jackson Hole for the Rodeo. We went to dinner at Liberty Burgers and walked through the town. There they have lots of cute shops and art galleries.
Then we went to the Jackson Hole Rodeo. The kids and I have never been to the Rodeo before. Aaron has been but it has always been a bucket list item for him to visit a rodeo out west. It did NOT disappoint. We didn't know what the kids would think about it. Everyone LOVED it so much. The kids got to go out and do a sheep and bandana game. Aaron went out on in the ring and participated in a dance competition. It was HILARIOUS!
Eli really wanted to use some of his souvenir money to ride the mechanical bull.
After the rodeo, we decided to make the Hour and 20 minute drive back to Flagg Ranch. It was SOOOOO dark. We saw several animals on the side of the road and a few crossed in front of me as I was driving. I was SO nervous. The craziest thing that happened was that while I was driving, my blinkers stopped working and my windshield wipers came on (even though they weren't turned on at all). It was terrifying! We made it back to the campground in about 2 hours. I was thankful the car didn't do anything else strange. I love this picture that I snapped of our tent. I went to the bathhouse before bed and as I was coming to the campsite, this is what I saw. Isn't it cool!?!
We are excited for what is ahead of us in the Tetons and Yellowstone this week!
~ Juli

No comments:
Post a Comment