Monday, June 16, 2008

Growing Up!

It is a Roach family tradition that at the three month mark, the Roach baby moves to his/her big crib in their own room. With Eli and Lucy, I remember feeling like it was a million years to get to this point. With Lily, it feels different. I feel like we just brought her home from the hospital and that it can't possibly be time. But it is. She turned three months old on Friday. Part of me wants to keep her with me in my room forever, but another part of me is excited to have her in her beautiful room that we have made for her. (Later this week I will post some more pictures of the room. I ordered a large embossed flower garden and her name to stick on her wall. I got word today that it was being delivered tomorrow.) For any of you who have been to our house, you know that Aaron and my room is a very long way away from the kids "suite". It is impossible to hear any noise that the kids make from their rooms without a monitor. So last night I set up our third monitor (you should see the little row I have, it is quite humorous) and let Lily sleep in her room by herself. I must admit that I had her monitor right next to my bed with the volume up as loud as it would go so that I could hear each of her breaths all night long. I didn't sleep all that well knowing that she was so far from me, but I knew she was okay and that she is growing up. Here are some pictures of her in her bed. She looks so small to me. Notice the mobile. It doesn't match any of her things because it is in fact a boy's mobile. It was Eli's, then Lucy's and now hers. Her bedroom is pink and brown swirl with pink polka dots on the sheets. 2 of her four walls are pink and the other two are striped with brown and white stripes. Too cute for words. While I was taking the pictures, Eli was trying to climb into the crib with her. It was his crib and I think that he secretly still would like for it to be.




No comments: