I have spent the last year wondering if Aaron and I made the right decision when we bought our 17 year old house. We could have gotten a new similar size house for a similar price but on a teeny tiny lot. We kept coming back to our house because of the yard. Then last week when the air conditioner broke and we were quoted a price of $13,000 to replace the system, I was REALLY second guessing our decision! Until yesterday. Aaron had to go to work for a few hours and I was at home with the kids. In the morning, since it was cool we decided to go outside and play. Then when Aaron came home in the afternoon we went back outside to play some more. It was so much fun. Since the kids are so young, I don't really like to go to the park by myself with them and I didn't have to! We have grass to kick soccer balls, huge trees that give lots of shade to keep us out of the sun, and a swing set! The swing set isn't the greatest and we had planned to replace it. But Aaron is going to fix it up and move it to another place in our yard. We had a lot of fun yesterday and I realized that that back yard is why we bought our house. There may be a lot of things that we have to fix but if we were in one of those new developments on a lot like the one we left in Pinehurst, we would not have been able to be outside for so much of the day yesterday playing.

Kicking the red soccer ball that has turned pink from the sun!

Enjoying the swing.

Aaron tilling the upper part of the backyard. He is going to level it out and then move the swing set back to that spot.

Lily enjoying the shade.

Mommy teaching Eli how to lean back while swinging high!
No comments:
Post a Comment