Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Notice Anything?????

Wednesday, Eli and I took Lily to Charlotte to see the therapist for our next to last appointment. When we got in the room, Kathy asked me how things had been going. I explained that after 4+ weeks of barely any changes, I felt like she had gone through a growth spurt and was making really good progress. Before looking at any changes on her head, she always checks the fit of the helmet first. When she did this yesterday, she said "this helmet is too small for her head...she's done!" Are you kidding?? My prayers have been answered. Of course, the next words out of my mouth were, "does she need the second one?" Kathy again, said that her ears are still not aligned perfectly. They are a "pinky" off. But the foehead and flat spot in back and fine. She said, "I am still on the fence." I explained that I didn't like hearing that she was on the fence. She then said, "if she was my child, I wouldn't get the second helmet." Enough said for me! We're done. She went and got Lily's head mold and we walked out of there with a head on a stick and a helmet...not on her head! We now have the final appointment on the 18th where we will take "official" exit photos and Aaron and I will have to then make the official decision about the second helmet. But right now, unless the final measurements and pictures show something that we can't see right now, she is done. We are so excited. It has been a little hard getting used to it for us, and I am sure it is a big adjustment for her too. I can barely recognize her since for the past 4 months I have only seen her without the helmet when she has been in the bathtub. Plus, as you will see in the pictures, her facial features have changed SO much. What a blessing to be done. We are so glad that we did all of his though!




2 comments:

The Wards said...

Congrats!!! She looks great! Off just in time for her first birthday!

Angie said...

Yeah Lily! I am so happy for you! (and I just can't get over how much you look like your daddy...except smaller and with hair!)