Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year was an interesting year for us celebrating Thanksgiving. Typically, we have Thanksgiving with my Mom's family in Ohio. Since we've been very busy with things, we decided that it would be nice for us to be able to stay home and use the break to really relax. My Dad left for Africa on the Sunday before Thanksgiving so he wouldn't be with us. So we geared up for Thanksgiving at our house with my mom. It was such a great time just the 6 of us together, enjoying each other's company, and giving thanks for what we have been blessed with. I used my china that I have never used before and we kept it simple with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn and green beans. I didn't get any pictures because I was busy cooking, but I did get a picture of the table. My mom made these adorable little cookies that she saw on Pinterest (have I told you how much we are addicted to that website?) that adorned our table. We are so blessed and it was so wonderful to be able to just hang out at home, relax, rejuvenate, and give thanks for everything God has blessed our family with. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you were this year!


No comments: