This past Saturday Aaron had to work at his new school, so I decided to get the kids out of the house and do something fun. We drove up to Patterson Farms and picked a gallon of strawberries. As much as I wanted to get the kids out of the house, I had other ideas in mind! I wanted to get some jam made so badly!!
The kids did so great! A few minutes after we got there, Eli started to get really bored and ready to go. I decided to keep him occupied so the girls and I could pick the berries and let him be our photographer. He did a great job and had a blast. The girls and I had fun picking strawberries.
After we got the gallon picked, we headed to my mom's house where we ate lunch with my parents. Then the kids played in the yard while Dad and Grandpa worked in the yard and mom, Grandma and I made 16 jars of jam.
My goal is to put up about 60 jars of jam this year. That gives me a jar for every week of the year (give or take a few) with some to be able to give away as gifts.
It was a welcome day for the hectic week that we had at school. It also made me so excited that we have only 30 days left of school!!
Woo Hoo!






No comments:
Post a Comment