Sunday, February 7, 2016

Whole 30- Day 6

Day 6 has been a lot different for me today because we were home!  I meandered through the kitchen this morning not really sure what I wanted for breakfast.  I had a very vivid dream last night of Hawaii.  So I decided on Mango for breakfast.  We had a fresh mango every single morning for the entire time we were in Hawaii this past summer.  It definitely was delicious for breakfast this morning but not quite the same!

Eli had a friend sleepover last night and he was leaving early this morning. We had to get up and moving as well because the girls had dance and Eli had a birthday party.

While we were out, I took advantage of the farmer's market and picked up another pound of breakfast sausage, bacon, as well as 2 dozen eggs from our favorite farm, Creekside Farms.  As I was leaving there this morning, I was so thankful for a farmer's market that was open year round.  There were some people selling some produce, but not much. But I was just so thankful to the commitment of these individuals in our community so meet every week there for us to have the convenience of purchasing good quality, local food.  I even ran into one of my former and current students (who happen to be brothers) and their dad.  It is such a wonderful part of a community and I hope everyone supports their own community and shop locally for items like meat and produce!

After stopping by my parents' house for a short while, we came home for some lunch and I grabbed a hard boiled egg and make a quick salad with some lunch meat.  It was quick and delicious and exactly what I needed before I settled in for a sweet little nap on the couch with Lily.

As the evening rolled around, I realized I needed to get started on the food I would be bringing to my friend's house for our girls night.  I boiled some eggs and decided that I was going to make enough deviled eggs for my get together tonight as well as our superbowl party tomorrow.  I typically try to have some paleo and whole 30 approved mayo on hand.  I never realized how easy it was to make homemade mayo.  Here is a recipe that has been tried and true for me.  However, I used mine all up on Sunday when I made my egg salad.  But luckily, I had a shipment of a whole 30 pack of condiments from Tessemaes arrive this week.  I ordered a jar of mayo to come along with the whole 30 pack.    I was so excited to use the mayo to make my deviled eggs.  It tasted so delicious.  I am looking forward to sharing them tonight and tomorrow night at both parties! Then I cut up some celery and cucumbers and got some colored carrots out and made a veggie plate.  I finished it off with some homemade ranch dip.  I tried a different recipe tonight.  The one I posted earlier tends to be a little runnier and better for salads and I was looking for a thicker one.  I think it came out ok.  I was enjoying my little taste tests as I was making it!

So before I headed out to the get together, I had some roasted potatoes and some leftover taco meat and I planned to much on the deviled eggs and veggies that I am bringing.

I was so good tonight, I only had the food that I brought and we had a great time playing games and laughing so hard until my head and stomach hurt.  It was a great night.  I am looking forward to doing our Superbowl Party with our friends tomorrow!

No comments: