Sunday, February 7, 2016

Whole 30- Day 7 and SUPER BOWL 50

Our Carolina Panthers are in Super Bowl 50 tonight!  We are so excited to cheer them on and celebrate a fabulous season.  Not gonna lie, as TN fans, it will be hard to root again Payton!

I woke up early this morning to head into church.  I had to be there at 6:45 so I definitely did not feel like eating breakfast until a little later in the morning.  I packed a tangelo and Cherry Pie Larabar.

When I got home from church, I threw some chicken wings in the crockpot.  I realize that not everyone coming to our party tonight is participating in the Whole 30 with me, so I made chicken wings for the masses.  I put some butter in the bottom of my crockpot and tossed the chicken wings in it, then I added a bottle of Sticky Fingers Memphis Original and cooked them for 4 hours.

Then I took a nap and it was glorious! Once I woke up it was time for business.  While the chicken wings in the crockpot were cooking, I made some whole 30 chicken wings for myself.  I tossed 10 wings in Tessemae's Lemon Garlic Dressing and then lined them in a glass baking dish.  I baked them for about 35 minutes.  Then I placed them under the broiler until golden brown.  I flipped them and placed them under the broiler again ad removed them.  I thought they were delicious and definitely will be making more in the future!

Then I did the same thing for the crock pot wings.  I took them out and put on a large cookie sheet and placed under the broiler on both sides until brown.  They were a hit.  I didn't have any left after the party!

I spent the rest of the evening munching on veggies and my homemade ranch, lunch meat, and deviled eggs.  I am being completely honest when I tell you it.was.HARD!  So hard.  My friends all brought some amazing food to share at the party.  Chips, dips, sandwiches, buffalo cheese dip, CUPCAKES!!!  That was the hardest part.  The cupcakes.  They were calling my name.  I went and had an orange instead.  The cupcakes were still calling, so I cut a mango and ate the WHOLE thing!  Definitely not a replacement in the sweetness department, but I am pleased to report that I did it.  I made it all night with all of those temptations and never cheated once.  Thought about it a lot.  But I restrained! Whew!

Unfortunately, our Panthers couldn't pull a win off and we sadly lost.  But I am so proud of Payton!  So deserving, humble, a class act, and VOL for life!  Hopefully he will hang up his cleats on this high note and head to UT as our new QB coach! ;-)

What a fun night with friends.  My belly may not have been full from all the goodies tonight, but my heart sure was!

No comments: